This webinar was held on January 22, 2021.
This 75-minute webinar reviews research-based approaches to modernize criminal case processing, reduce backlogs, and sustain successful operational improvements within the court’s culture.
The issues discussed include the following:
- Is your court ready and able to apply proven criminal case management solutions to restart case processing?
- What should individual judges do to become more proficient in managing their criminal dockets?
- How can court leaders help reduce systemic barriers to improve criminal caseflow?
Gordon Griller, Executive Director, NAPCO
- Hon. Sedrick T. Walker, II, Presiding Judge, Harris County TX Criminal Courts of Law (Houston)
- Mr. Ed Wells, Court Manager, Harris County TX Criminal Courts of Law (Houston)
- Hon. Patricia K. Costello (ret.), Consultant, NCSC; former Assignment Judge, Superior Court NJ (Newark)
- Dr. Brian J. Ostrom, Ph.D., Principal Court Management Consultant, NCSC
- Ms. Paula Hannaford-Agor, J.D., Director, Center for Jury Studies, NCSC
- GoToWebinar video is unavailable
- Slide Deck (PDF)
- Timely Justice in Criminal Cases-What the Data Tells Us (PDF)
- Using Plea Cut-off Policies to Improve Juror Utilization (PDF)
- Harris County Office of Court Management Zoom Page (PDF)
- 12 Essential Steps for Dealing with Pandemic-caused Civil Case Backlog – NCSC (PDF)
- Constitutional Concerns Related to Jury Trials during the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF: Updated 22 Feb 2021)
- Speaker Bios (PDF)