This webinar was held on December 17, 2020.
This 75-minute webinar provides examples and techniques in leading with civility, decency, and humility, as well as improving and sustaining these values in court operations and cultures.
The issues discussed include the following:
- What’s the difference between civility and decency? Why should court leaders care?
- How can leaders promote online civility in the workplace?
- Does “humbleness” allow leaders to foster a high degree of openness, trust, and collaboration?
- What does leadership decency look like in today’s pandemic-impacted environment?
- What are ways a “decent court” deals with employee mental health / wellbeing, layoffs, job changes, trust?
- How do court leaders inspire procedural fairness practices in the courtroom and in customer service?
Gordon Griller, Executive Director, NAPCO
- Hon. Martha L. Walters, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Oregon
- Hon. Julio L. Mendez, Assignment Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey (Atlantic City/Cape May Vicinage)
- Hon. Paula M. Carey, Chief Justice, Massachusetts Trial Court
- Ms. Jackie Bryant, Court Administrator, Second Judicial Disctrict of Nevada (Reno)
- Mr. David Yamasaki, Court Executive Officer, Orange County California (Santa Ana)